World Nutrient Databases for Dietary Studies (WNDDS)
Explore Food Composition Databases for Countries & Regions in a User-Friendly Format
Search by geography (international, regional, country) based on the following categories:
- Descriptive Information
- General Components
- Food Classifications
- Nutrient Information
- Percentage of Foods with Nutrient Information
The WNDDS Database
The Agriculture & Food Systems Institute has compiled a catalogue of national, regional and international FCDBs to provide a comprehensive resource with information on all FCDBs. This catalogue provides relevant information on each FCDB as well as a direct link to the resource.
The information available in WNDDS includes:
- the country/region of origin
- contact information for the database managers
- the number of foods and nutrients analyzed
- the percentage of foods with specific nutrient information.
- Users are able to easily view various categories and subcategories on each FCDB.
Food composition data are essential for assessing the nutritional properties of food. These data have many uses, including evaluating the nutritional variation of plants and foods, analyzing relationships between nutrient intake and disease, and establishing dietary guidelines.