Phase II: GE Food/Feed Safety Assessment Training
November 6, 2017-November 10, 2017
Newark, DE, USA
Building off the Phase I three-day technical training program held in August in Bogor, Indonesia, the Agriculture & Food Systems Institute organized a five-day training program at the Stine Haskell Research Facility in Wilmington, DE to observe how food and feed safety assessment data is collected in the laboratory.
The training featured sessions on:
- Laboratory and Vivarium Safety
- Testing Proteins for Toxicity
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Regulatory Testing Strategy
- Molecular Characterization
- Analytical Chemistry/Composition Analysis
- Transformation Laboratory Tour
- Microscopy Laboratory Tour
This project is supported by a grant from the USDA’s Emerging Markets Program.
To learn more about the Agriculture & Food Systems Institute’s program on GE food and feed safety, click here.
To learn about Phase I in Indonesia in August 2017, click here.
To read the outcomes from a similar two-phased, food/feed safety program we conducted in India in 2014, click here.