New Delhi, India
December 15, 2016 - December 16, 2016
Overview: Established by the ILSI Japan Center for Health Promotion (CHP), this consortium meeting highlighted the progress of rice fortification efforts in the Philippines, Vietnam and India. The Agriculture & Food Systems Institute presented on the Feasibility Study of Rice Fortification Technologies in Africa to attendees representing academia, government and the private sector.
Program: The meeting featured sessions on Market Introduction of Fortified Rice and Lysine Fortification. Presentations included:
- Observations on Micronutrient Deficiencies in India and Government Initiatives
- Introduction of Iron Fortified Rice In The Philippines
- Consumer Acceptability of Iron and Zinc Fortified Rice in Vietnam
- Significance of Lysine Fortification
- Estimation of Lysine Intake in The Philippines
- Lysine Intake Survey and Opportunities for Improving Lysine Intake in India
- Feasibility Study of Rice Fortification Technologies in Africa
- Japanese Initiative on Private Public Platform for Improving Nutrition
Outcomes: Visit the CHP website to learn more.